Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Christos anesti

Happy Easter, everyone!

It was a weekend full of choral singing, ham, and an epic game of Monopoly.  

And, underlying everything, that joy, always old and always new, the Deeper Magic from before the Dawn of Time.

The liturgical year is such a gift and source of consolation to me.  Somehow each season and each great feast seems to come along just when I need it most, and often some aspect of the mystery being celebrated will come into special focus and bring clarity to whatever challenges I am facing.  This year, just before the Easter Vigil started, our pastor must have accidentally turned on his microphone, so we could hear his words clearly from the front steps of the church.  "Okay, we need to light the fire now, because it's really raining!"

Yes, of course - that should be our response to the rain. Not to huddle inside, not to wait and hope it might be clearer in an hour, but to light the fire.  NOW.
As God’s co-workers we urge you not to receive God’s grace in vain.  For he says,
     “In the time of my favor I heard you,
      and in the day of salvation I helped you.”
I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.
2 Cor 6:1-2

1 comment:

  1. This is not linked to on Facebook, therefore I cannot like it on Facebook, therefore I will comment here and inform you that I like this. Lots.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete